Grow Your Own Food
We can help create an edible garden for you to enjoy for three seasons!
Everybody can participate in some type of edible gardening. It helps the environment, provides healthy and delicious food and increases the quality of life. Even a very small plot can produce food for some great spring, summer and fall meals.
Not sure where to begin?
Earth First Gardening can help in any of the following ways:
- Determine the best location on your property for edible plants.
- Create a plan to help you grow food year to year, and season to season.
- Determine specific plants, amounts, and starting methods for your garden.
- Provide soil and help you create your raised bed.
- Purchase the seeds or plants.
- Instruct you on vegetable plant care and maintenance throughout the year, and general upkeep of your edible garden or containers.
- Help maintain edible gardens.
- Advise on harvesting and even food prep and storage
- Yearly beginning and end of season maintenance and prep work.
- End of season assistance, clearing and covering.
No space is too small for an edible garden!
Fill your patio, porch or window boxes with herbs, vegetables & flowers to enjoy all summer long! Urban gardening allows city residents to grow food in big cities, and small spaces.
“Working with Earth First to plan and plant our flower beds and raised vegetable beds was a total Godsend! Earth First helped us create beautiful and unique native flower and vegetable garden spaces for our new home. My husband and I enjoyed the entire process of working with Yevi. She is a thoughtful and expert teacher who patiently guided us through every step of setting and actualizing our vision. She listened and understood our desires while introducing and educating us to choose the best flowers, plants, and vegetables for our property and lifestyle while taking care of the environment. We are truly grateful and look forward to continuing to learn and grow (alongside our plants).”
Shana Pearson Grigsby
Create an edible garden for your kitchen
This raspberry patch is surrounded by flowers, fruit trees and snap peas.
Check out this amazing backyard vegetable garden transformation!
Earth First Gardening custom services can accommodate gardens of all sizes and people of different levels of gardening abilities.
Growing your own food can be rewarding, creating a connection between you and the planet, improving your diet and reducing your impact on the planet by not supporting commercial agriculture.
“Very knowledgeable about vegetables, flowers and shrubs. She worked at my house to help me maintain my existing garden. She worked quickly and cleaned up everything she worked on. Jane also gave me some great planting suggestions for my gardens. I will definitely be using her again this season!”