We Are Hiring
About The job
We are looking for someone special to work with us and help provide customized gardening services around the Chicagoland area. We provide coaching and general gardening to families and individuals, while also helping maintain gardens for clients who already have established large gardens.
Gardeners responsibilities include monitoring the health of all plants and greens-capes and reporting back to management on conditions, problems and client concerns. Feeding, deadheading, trimming plants as needed. Watering containers, and gardens. Weeding gardens and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. Planting annual flowers, vegetables, and occasional transplanting of perennial plants.
You could be asked to take on special projects as deemed necessary by the project manager.
- Starting at $20 per hour, and based on experience.
- Tips are encouraged but not guaranteed.
- This is a part time contract position.
WhaT We Need From You
- 2-4 hours shifts per day
- Must have transportation, proof of insurance and valid drivers license.
- Must be available 1-2 days per week.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended amount of time, and in varying weather.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
How To Apply
Email: info @ earth first gardening (.) co
Subject: Employment at Earth First Gardening
Please include Resume and Cover Letter and tell us why you would like to work with Earth First Gardening. Please share a little about yourself, any experience with gardening and preferred location(s) you would like to work in.
Please include (2) work references: Name, Contact Info and Description of Work/Relationship
No Phone Calls Please
Preference will be give to people who have a background in organic gardening, greenhouse and farm work, preservation, conservation and native planting or those pursuing horticulture degrees and certificates.